The KITS programs are evidence- and research-based. The KITS summer program has been rigorously tested in 3 randomized clinical trials and one scale-up evaluation. All of the other programs are based on the KITS summer program and have been tested in pilot studies.
The Positive Impacts of KITS
Before and during kindergarten
- Gains on early literacy
- Gains on self-regulation skills
- Positive changes in brain functioning and stress response
- Increases in effective parenting skills and greater parent involvement in school.
In the longer term
- Higher self-competence in third grade.
- Less involvement with deviant peers and less endorsement of risky behaviors in third grade
- Fewer suicidal thoughts and behaviors through fifth grade
- Positive effects on reading fluency through fifth grade
Click below for a bibliography of publications about the effects of KITS: